Working with your Insurance Company
Tips to follow when working with your Insurance Company:
- As soon as you feel your home has incurred damage, you should contact Denver Contractors, Inc. to request an inspection.
- File a claim with your insurance carrier.
- Your insurance company can authorize any temporary repairs necessary to prevent further damage to your property.
- Your insurance company will usually require receipts for any emergency repairs you have done in order to reimburse you correctly.
- We suggest that you take pictures of the damage prior to any repairs.
- Do not make any permanent repairs until the adjuster has had the opportunity to inspect the damaged area.
- Once the inspection is complete, you will receive an outlined scope of damage and the funds being made available for the repairs, less your deductible.
- Denver Contractors, Inc. offers free insurance claims assistance.
The Insurance Claims Process
- Contact Denver Contractors, Inc. to schedule a no obligation on-site inspection to determine if damage was incurred.
- After damage has been verified, contact your insurance claims hotline.
- You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or mail.
- An adjuster will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
- Notify Denver Contractors, Inc when your claims adjuster has scheduled and appointment to inspect your roof for storm damage. It is important to have one of our experts meet the adjuster to assure you receive a complete and fair payment for your damages.
- The claims adjuster should provide you with an itemized explanation on your claim settlement including your deductible amount and depreciation.
- Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs are actually completed. In these cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.